Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  (Next)



VOCs are “Volatile Organic Compounds” or vapors emitted from a material that is man-made or naturally occurring that can have long term health effects from exposure


Waffle face

A waffle face is a textured or raised grid pattern on a framing hammer face for better traction when striking a nail head.

Wall brush

A wall brush is a high volume brush type for painting walls and other large flat surfaces


Wane is a missing corner of a board’s square milled edge as a result of cutting the board from a location in the log that was too close to the outer tree perimeter


Water hammer

Water hammer is the hydraulic shock that happens when water pressure within a plumbing circuit changes suddenly causing vibration and movement in the pipes and fittings of a plumbing circuit.


Water-based refers to paint or other chemical compound that has water as the main ingredient for viscosity

Weep hole

A weep hole is a drain feature on a window that allows trapped water to exit

Wet edge

A wet edge is the workablearea where paint has just been applied to a surface where overlap can occur without overbrushing

Window frame

A window frame is a four-sided section of the window unit that holds the fixed or movable sashes

Wire gauge

Wire gauge is a measurement of the thickness of a conductor. Lower numbers indicate thicker wire

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  (Next)